Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good brush to use to apply tubular glue? I got one from Target but it seems to be done after one use. The end of the brush is all glued together.

·
Registered
21,726 Posts
Is there a good brush to use to apply tubular glue? I got one from Target but it seems to be done after one use. The end of the brush is all glued together.
Tooth brushes are cheap and as stevesbike said the acid flux brushes are even cheaper. All you need is some aromatic solvent (some paint thinners) to soak and clean the brush after your glue job. At $0.25 for an acid flux (soldering paste) brush they are pretty much a throwaway item.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Google "Woodstock D2026 Glue Brush Set, 50-Piece". They're about a quarter apiece delivered and one box will last a long time even if you don't bother to reuse them (I don't).

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,554 Posts
What's wrong with your little finger??....After you clean it, you can use it over and over again. It can even be used to pick your nose.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I always seem to make a mess of it with my fingers. Especially dipping out of the can.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,231 Posts
What's wrong with your little finger??....After you clean it, you can use it over and over again. It can even be used to pick your nose.
And if you leave the glue on it, those pesky boogers don't stand a chance.

·
9,790 Posts
I wear latex gloves and use my finger...

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
Used toothbrushes are fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.