Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See.

physasst said:
Hoo, this may belong in PO, but I'll start it here..

Did anyone else hear this dumbas*es comments the other night as pertains to the winter games? Now, I have always thought of him as somewhat pompous and full of himself, but he really outdid himself. He said, and I don't have the "exact" quote, but ostensibly, he said that he didn't really like to watch the winter games because there weren't enough black athletes to make it interesting....

NOW, this may in fact be true, but can you imagine a WHITE sportscaster saying something akin to that in regards to track and field in the summer games......he'd be fired immediately....ala jimmy the greek style......but because Gumbel is black, at least he says, it hasn't even garnered any attention.....that my friends is a major double standard, and I for one, am offended.

Anyone else see this as incredulous, or am I alone?
See Steam's thread over in PO.

Gumball is an idiot, that's about the total sum of it, always has been, always will be.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts

Did anyone else hear this dumbas*es comments the other night as pertains to the winter games? Now, I have always thought of him as somewhat pompous and full of himself, but he really outdid himself. He said, and I don't have the "exact" quote, but ostensibly, he said that he didn't really like to watch the winter games because there weren't enough black athletes to make it interesting....

NOW, this may in fact be true, but can you imagine a WHITE sportscaster saying something akin to that in regards to track and field in the summer games......he'd be fired immediately....ala jimmy the greek style......but because Gumbel is black, at least he says, it hasn't even garnered any attention.....that my friends is a major double standard, and I for one, am offended.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just think if some white high profile person said the same thing about the NBA concerning the number of white people on the court. That would be on the news for weeks. Don't you just get tired of these fakes?

physasst said:

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,224 Posts
physasst said:
did not realize that there was another thread detailing this in PO, Hoo feel free to remove if needed.
No problem. But it is probably better if people take this one up in PO, and follow the link that K kindly provided. Closed here, open there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.