Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2014 fuji sportif off of Craigslist that someone had rigged into a makeshift fixie. Swapped the kit from another bike I'm not keeping on to this bike, everything's gone ok. I'm now wanting to upgrade and get 11speed 105 parts second hand for this bike. So I have a couple questions

from what I can tell from measuring the frame the bb is a 68mm english thread. Now I've been looking up bb's but I just keep getting flooded with info and I'm not really understanding what my options are for this bike. Ideally I'd like to get a shimano 105 crankset or an fsa equivalent but I'm not sure what adapter/bb shell I would need to buy to make this work.

Now I have some 8 speed wheels, If I was to get all the 11spd kit would I be able to convert the hub part where the cassette goes to fit an 11spd or would I have to have the rims rebuildt with 11spd specific hubs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
So I bought a 2014 fuji sportif off of Craigslist that someone had rigged into a makeshift fixie. Swapped the kit from another bike I'm not keeping on to this bike, everything's gone ok. I'm now wanting to upgrade and get 11speed 105 parts second hand for this bike. So I have a couple questions

from what I can tell from measuring the frame the bb is a 68mm english thread. Now I've been looking up bb's but I just keep getting flooded with info and I'm not really understanding what my options are for this bike. Ideally I'd like to get a shimano 105 crankset or an fsa equivalent but I'm not sure what adapter/bb shell I would need to buy to make this work.

Now I have some 8 speed wheels, If I was to get all the 11spd kit would I be able to convert the hub part where the cassette goes to fit an 11spd or would I have to have the rims rebuildt with 11spd specific hubs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You need an english thread shimano cupset for your bottom bracket. English. Threaded.

Get the Shimano 105 crank, doesn't matter if it's 10 or 11 speed. Trust me. Don't buy the FSA.

It would obviously make all the difference if you could tell us what brand and model of wheel you have before we can tell you if they can work w/ 11 speed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this bb "English version" for example should work Shimano BB

The wheels are alexrims R500. Nothing special just looking for the cheapest option right now.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Any identifying information on the rear hub?

In all likelyhood, it can't be upgraded/converted to 11 speed.

A decent set of 11sp wheels can be had/built relatively cheap, or alternatively, you could get new wheels for your A bike and pass the 11 speed wheels down?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any identifying information on the rear hub?

In all likelyhood, it can't be upgraded/converted to 11 speed.

A decent set of 11sp wheels can be had/built relatively cheap, or alternatively, you could get new wheels for your A bike and pass the 11 speed wheels down?
no all it says is "formula" other than that theres no info on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts