Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working a lot the past several months,...........so I took a week off to ride and just get away from everything. Yesterday (saturday) I cleaned my bike up real good and went for a quick 25 miler, mainly to check out my new Ambrosio "Excellence" rims and the "Record" hubs. The Ambrosios were the most perfectly balanced rims I ever rode, and were just simply great. The bright satin red anodise really looks good on my bike, and it is definitely different IMO. I know I probably could've gotten Open Pros with 'Record' hubs from Colorado Cyclist cheaper than what these ultimately cost me, but they would'nt have been Ambrosios.

At any rate, today we are under a 'Tropical Storm Watch' from the seasons first tropical storm, and........you guessed it! Its raining!! Man, I had it planned to go on another ride. In fact, I was going to ride everyday I was off. Hell, its my vacation!! Now all I can do is stare out the window at the rain dancing on my driveway, a man alone and unsupervised (wifes at work). Whats even worse is there's an 80% chance of rain tomorrow too, and no tellin about Tuesday. "I WANNA RIDE, DAMMIT!!!.......................why cant i ride,....
........ i'm a nice guy. Now I'm lookin at those beautiful "Excellence" rims on my bike,.........and they're starting to look pretty,..........."I mean "real pretty" :D

am i odd?

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
We only get 6 inches of rain a year, but ...

Rain's a treat in the desert, rarely falls unless the temperature is 50 or below, and when we do get a chance to ride in it, I enjoy it. But if I lived where it rained in summer, in moderate temperatures, I can't imagine why I wouldn't be set up for it. Slap on some fenders or buy a beater in a thrift shop and hit the road.

40 Posts
Rain? What rain? I no gotta show you no rain!

croswell1 said:
Been working a lot the past several months,...........so I took a week off to ride and just get away from everything. Yesterday (saturday) I cleaned my bike up real good and went for a quick 25 miler, mainly to check out my new Ambrosio "Excellence" rims and the "Record" hubs. The Ambrosios were the most perfectly balanced rims I ever rode, and were just simply great. The bright satin red anodise really looks good on my bike, and it is definitely different IMO. I know I probably could've gotten Open Pros with 'Record' hubs from Colorado Cyclist cheaper than what these ultimately cost me, but they would'nt have been Ambrosios.

At any rate, today we are under a 'Tropical Storm Watch' from the seasons first tropical storm, and........you guessed it! Its raining!! Man, I had it planned to go on another ride. In fact, I was going to ride everyday I was off. Hell, its my vacation!! Now all I can do is stare out the window at the rain dancing on my driveway, a man alone and unsupervised (wifes at work). Whats even worse is there's an 80% chance of rain tomorrow too, and no tellin about Tuesday. "I WANNA RIDE, DAMMIT!!!.......................why cant i ride,....
........ i'm a nice guy. Now I'm lookin at those beautiful "Excellence" rims on my bike,.........and they're starting to look pretty,..........."I mean "real pretty" :D

I ride in Palm Springs. Rain? The last time I saw a cloud was in the centerfold of National Geographic Magazine. Not that size matters; but, we get 4 inches of rain/year. I did get in 31 miles yesterday along the beach from Santa Monica Pier to Manhattan Beach Pier and around. I got caught up in the Los Angeles Wheelmen peloton; they did give me a workout. I did drive through drizzle this morning on the way into the radio station; drizzle even had the tv news crews out doing stand ups for the morning show cut-ins.

am i odd?

I ride in Palm Springs. Rain? The last time I saw a cloud was in the centerfold of National Geographic Magazine (carefully removing the staples). Not that size matters; but we get
4 inches of rain/year. I did get in 31-miles yesterday along the beach from Santa Monica Pier to Manhattan Beach Pier and environs. I got caught up in the Los Angeles Wheelmen peloton; they did give me a workout. I did drive through drizzle this morning on the way to the radio station; drizzle even had the tv news crews out doing stand ups for the morning show cut-ins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.