Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
I agree. I wouldn't ride that. The threads are starting or have separated & under high pressures the tube is starting to poke its way through. It's unlikely the tube will extrude all the way through the tire, but it'll be caught in the threads and when the tire rotates the threads distort under pressure and pinch the tube. When that happens you'll hear a "gunshot."

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
It looks to me like the photo was taken against something like a particle board garage wall. Again I'm just guessing There is no cut in the tire. What appears to be a cut is a joint between 2 pieces of particle board. The tire is badly out of focus in the foreground, but I can still see a bulge in it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
It looks to me like the photo was taken against something like a particle board garage wall. Again I'm just guessing. There is no cut in the tire. What appears to be a cut is a joint between 2 pieces of particle board. The tire is badly out of focus in the foreground, but I can still see a bulge in it.

Maybe the OP can confirm or straighten out the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.