Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is where I can post this. Moderators, please move if you think it should be in another section.

I'll be visiting Burke, Virginia for a couple of weeks this May and was hoping to do some riding in the area. Are there any bikeshops in the area that rent out road bikes with SPD-SL pedals?

Thanks

·
Looking for my Amish Love
907 Posts
usually you just bring your own pedals and shoes and they will swap them out for you. Most stores has some rental bikes and when my buddy came to VA, the shop put on his pedals. There are many many bike shops within 10 mile radius of Burke in NoVa, i would just Yahoo yellowpage bicycle shop Burke, VA and you will get a long list.

·
Martini time?
206 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is where I can post this. Moderators, please move if you think it should be in another section.

I'll be visiting Burke, Virginia for a couple of weeks this May and was hoping to do some riding in the area. Are there any bikeshops in the area that rent out road bikes with SPD-SL pedals?

Thanks
Only bike shop I know in Burke is the The Bike Lane <http://thebikelane.com/index.cfm>

I don't think they rent but they might hook you up, they are a very friendly group.

There is a Performance in Springfield, Some other LBSs inside the beltway but I don't know anything about them.

What size bike are you looking for?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Hi,

Thanks
I'm not sure who has what for rent, but waba.org has links to a number of area shops and you could call around. There's a big wheel bikes in alexandria (not far from burke) that rents bikes--I have no idea what models. Here's a link: http://www.bigwheelbikes.com/services.html. There's also a shop out in Vienna, Va that does rentals.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well basically im am looking for a group to ride with when i come visit the area. I can bring my pedals if I have to :) just need to find a bike to rent so I can ride with a group there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Rides

A store in Alexandria and Vienna, "Spokes etc", may rent bikes, but I'm not 100% sure. If I were you, however, I'd pack shoes and pedals. Who knows what kind of rides are available for rental and their comfort level...so you might as well have one component that fits you well.

check out www.bikepptc.org for their long list of weekly group rides (potomac pedalers).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
cptab said:
A store in Alexandria and Vienna, "Spokes etc", may rent bikes, but I'm not 100% sure. If I were you, however, I'd pack shoes and pedals. Who knows what kind of rides are available for rental and their comfort level...so you might as well have one component that fits you well.
The Spokes Etc Vienna store is close to the W&OD Trail and rents bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts