Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Burley Harlow Built

just ordered a frame today....
Burley hasn't come up w/ a name as of yet....
any other info out there?
Heard there was to be 45 made in 1st batch. half already sold.
any thoughts?
it's news to me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
no-1 said:
any thoughts?
it's news to me.
you ordered this frame today and you're asking us for info now? ;-)

i haven't heard anything but am interested. you don't have anything more than what you posted above? if you do, please share.

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
no-1 said:
any thoughts?
it's news to me.
Do you mean the Hudson or the Vagabond? The Burley site shows those two as kind of an inbetween style touring bikes, with longer than cross but shorter than touring chainstays (438mm).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted a Oregon made cx bike...
since the whole Stumptown fiasco, Mt Cycles were out of the mix.
So i have been asking the Burley rep when/if they were ever going to come out w/ a Cross bike...(since it seems right up their ally).....maybe was the reply.
So months later I asked again, said i was still looking...sure enough he pulled out a spec
sheet w/ 2 bikes...one an Ultegra 10 and one a 105 9sp...priced @ 2200 and 1500 respectively...(may be a little off on price though) i said "sign me up"...i didn't care i just wanted a frame. So that's the story...a bit rash maybe but excited none the less.
Heard rumors of there being a proto at interbike...still can't find a pic.
sometimes you just have to jump at the opportunity...otherwise you get nothing.
As of Thursday last week they still had no name picked out...:} should be interesting
more info to come...

·
Registered
635 Posts
no-1 said:
Heard rumors of there being a proto at interbike...still can't find a pic.
QUOTE]

I was checking out their road bikes at IB but didnt see any crossers in the mix. I would have definitely noticed if there was one. The road frames were nice though, simple, classic steel frames. Hopefully the cross frame is similar to them. Keep us posted.

DP

·
Registered
125 Posts
no-1 said:
It's Here!!!
Burley "Harlow"....cx bike...pix coming up at lunch...
just wait...
Let's see it, I was just talking to one of the desingers this past Tuesday and he said something about the bike, selling off his Biachi so he can ride one of his own creations.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
one little photo of Burley

so my Burley CX "harlow"
showed up today..what a great color...silver metal flake in the Celestial Blue is soo right on.
anyway more pix up as the build goes...going for a (somewhat/as much as possible) pacific northwest build...Burley frame=Eugene,OR...ChrisKing headset=Portland OR...
PaulBrakes-Chico CA....
any ideas/comments?
for now
enjoy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.