Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,525 Posts
Burley is the de facto standard for commuters here in Portland. We know riding in the rain, and the Burley stuff works very well. (I use rain pants on only the very worst days. I Usually just get wet in my tights.) Other manufacturers are finally catching up to Burley in design, but few are made in the US.

· pi makes wheels go round
293 Posts
PdxMark said:
Burley is the de facto standard for commuters here in Portland. We know riding in the rain, and the Burley stuff works very well. (I use rain pants on only the very worst days. I Usually just get wet in my tights.) Other manufacturers are finally catching up to Burley in design, but few are made in the US.
here here... I've practically lived in my burley gear for years while going to school south of portland, and in Vancouver BC... Loved every minute of it. My only comment is that i prefer their "cheaper" jacket to the full-blown fancy model. It just felt more comfotable and everyday wearable than the up-spec version (has to do with the cut).

Get the burley jacket, pants, and some shoe covers... you'll be unstoppable!

-Damon

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
damon said:
here here... I've practically lived in my burley gear for years while going to school south of portland, and in Vancouver BC... Loved every minute of it. My only comment is that i prefer their "cheaper" jacket to the full-blown fancy model. It just felt more comfotable and everyday wearable than the up-spec version (has to do with the cut).

Get the burley jacket, pants, and some shoe covers... you'll be unstoppable!

-Damon
Don't for get the helmet cover, IMHO they make a huge difference in wet riding comfort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.