Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened across this little gem in the internet edition of my local paper today:

http://www.marinij.com/marin/ci_3554788

Scary story, no matter where stuff like this goes down. But in this case, even scarier...since it is the same route as my regular bike commute. At first I am thinking, at least its not during the week (when I'm commuting), but then again, that route on a Saturday or Sunday is a MAJOR north/south route for Bay Area cyclists. At least the guy is off the streets for now!

I will give an update as to this guys sentence when he goes to court on 3/15.

Rash

·
lo and behold!
144 Posts
I have to wonder if this is the same guy who tried to run me over in San Francisco about 10 years ago. The name is really familiar and his age would be just about right. It's funny , Mary Currie interviewed me for this incident and "investigated" the case. About a month or two later I hopped onthe bus to Santa Rosa and who was driving? the guy who earlier tried to run me down... way to go Golden Gate Transit.
Does anyone know how to get a hold of Mr Mosher's attorney? If this is the guy who tried to run me down, I'd sure like to help get him behind bars.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
On our group ride two weeks ago we saw Mosher riding the other direction and my friend recognized him (he's a customer at the shop). Told me the story of the bus and I wasn't surprised. Riding GGT for the past 8 months has shown me some pretty aggressive driving. Mosher is also the type of guy that only wants his bike replace, his thought was that taking GGT to court would only hurt the users of the system with higher fairs. I don't think I'd be so nice...

As far an an attorney, what little I know of this is just what I heard on a ride two weeks ago. I'm sure he's in the phone book if you want to try and track him down.

·
lo and behold!
144 Posts
What Mosher wants to do about a civil case is Mosher's decision, but malicious drivers need to be locked up. I'm not sure if Pease's intent was to kill Mosher, but it could have easily turned out that way. I would like a message to be sent to all malicious drivers in the Bay Area... run down a cyclist, go to jail.

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
velocipede said:
What Mosher wants to do about a civil case is Mosher's decision, but malicious drivers need to be locked up. I'm not sure if Pease's intent was to kill Mosher, but it could have easily turned out that way. I would like a message to be sent to all malicious drivers in the Bay Area... run down a cyclist, go to jail.
I agree, what will happen at the criminal level will not be taken lightly since there are 30 witnesses, many of whom were yelling at the driver to stop what he was doing. When you asked about "his" attorney, I though you were referring to a possible civil action. On the criminal side of things, the Marin County DA would be the one representing his interest. If it is the same driver you had a problem with, they might want to put you on the stand to establish a longterm pattern of behavior. I'm no lawyer, but I did play one in a school play when I was young. Dated one out of college also...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update...

Mr. Pease was charged on Wednesday and will enter a plea friday. Could get 4 years if convicted. Apparantly he had a run-in with a cyclist in 2000 who claimed Pease struck him with his bus and "knocked him to the gravel." The cyclist, in that incident, boarded the bus and beat the driver :rolleyes: The cyclist was charged with battery.
http://marinij.com/twincities/ci_3608791

·
Ya, what ATP said...!
2,140 Posts
Could get 4 years... that means 2 years probation and anger management classes. Safe to say that his career as a bus driver is over which makes me feel a whole lot better about riding in Marin now.

Speaking of which, Pt. Reyes Station Sunday? I'll email tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts