Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bush campaign is planning to spend some of its hundreds of millions of dollars on preliminary attack ads against Kerry (and Edwards for good measure).

One of the issues to be flagged is Kerry's war protest activites. I'm not a marketing whiz, but it seems that war protests are one thing, but war protests by a Silver Star, triple Purple Heart combat veteran are something else entirely. Particularly in relation to a guy who likely never showed up to his Vietnam-avoiding National Guard duties in Alabama.

The only reason such ads would seem to make sense is to imply that expression of opposition to a government policy is treasonously unAmerican. Maybe the Bushies are losing their instinct for political marketing. It's one thing to fabricate an image of an almost-moderate in your first big election. It's something else to play the patriotism card againt a certified war hero when your own guy used family connection to skip ahead of the Air Guard line to dodge the draft.

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Maybe they're just going to show ...

how much of a chameleon Kerry really is. I am sure they will show how contrasting his positions are depending upon the audience and the desired outcome. Every campaign employs professional marketing people. I am confident Bush's people are among the best and have a clue about what makes sense and what doesn't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.