Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway we could set up a bust on the person/people always posting the unbelievable deals from chicago? It is so annoying to see them posting again; "Specialize Stumpjumper" for 1350, Bull Shirt! Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to track him down and bust him if the right law agency was involved.

I'd think the right person could track down the source of the e-mails easily enough. I'm sure you could find officers to bust the dude once you'd done that. Seems like there should be some sort of law agency you could report it to, when it is so obvious and repeated.

· Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
The scams are likely eminating from Nigeria, a country which will not extradite anybody for any international crime. They don't live here, so they look on a map, and choose a big US city as their fictional location. In reality, "the Chicago scammer" is probably at least a couple hundred people sitting around in various Lagos Nigeria internet cafe's, all using the same scam letters.

· Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
tenbsmith said:
Point well taken. My other thought was that it would be nice to have someone at the site pull these advertisements if someone complains about them. I wonder how many scams have been successful.
Thousands. Most of us have more things to do than spend countless hours protecting chumps from beccoming suckers. Some of us like to gloat, though.....

· Registered
64 Posts
This may be old news, but better safe than sorry:

The Chicago jerk is using two names: Alexander Benois and Ohnedaruth Campell.

When I emailed "Alexander Benois" to ask him about "Ohnedaruth Campell", he replied:

"yes it's my cosin and help me to sell my bike, if you can see i live in chicago and also Ohnedaruth Campell leaves in chicago..
thanks"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.