Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
bas said:
eurosport.com audio is reporting some one got busted carrying 80 packets of ****** and some syringes..

?miletta's? father got busted with it?

I wonder when someone was going to post about this, didn't it happen a couple days ago? Interesting that just before the race heads into the high mountains he gets popped with it as there has been at least one research article published suggesting that it can help with acute altitude adjustment.

Also like you mention a syringe hidden in a toothpast tube was found and also as yet unidentified substances in a cooler or refrigerator of sorts, which makes me think immediately of EPO.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G

·
tferris said:
Wouldn't there be some, well...obvious side effects "popping up" when using ****** to enhance performance or increase stamina? c0d3
Well the riders probably aren't dreaming of nekkid women while sweating out up a climb, but there some kind of warning about needing to go to the hospital for erections lasting more than four hours...

The cover story would be interesting :wink:

G

·
All joking aside...

Do we know yet if they found EPO? I'm starting to think that the only way to stop riders from use it is to inject all of them with a substance kills them if they are injected with EPO.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dont know how ****** and the like could be considered doping products, my understanding of the way this class of drugs work is to dialate the blood vessels, these blood vessels are controled bu whats called smooth muscles, smooth muscles are also found in the gut, diaphram etc. Im not sure but i assume ( yeah, ass u and me) that by dilating smooth muscles in the blood vessels you would also affect the smooth muscles that help to control breathing etc. Although with an increased haemoglobin level and increased red blood cell cound maybe dialating the blood vessels in needed, so is ****** and the like a keep you alive type product afterall. Throwing it out there for somebody much more education in medicine than i am to correct all the mistakes i make through assumptions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.