Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pcmike
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the Michigander six day bike tour... and there was a a guy there who mounted a Canon digital camera to his bicycle and then snapped a picture - through a special modification he made to the camera - every five seconds.

Really.

He did the entire ride. He’s planning on doing a special movie of it sped up so all of the thousands of pictures will display as a singe movie.

Links, photos and details at http://clydesdalefitness.com/

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Why is it that I responded instantly to the caption "Butt Cam"?
What would Sigmund Freud have to say about that?

·
naranjito
785 Posts
just to go OT for a moment - on that guy's webpage it says that a clydesdale is anyone over 6' or 200lbs... well I'm 6'1", 160lbs - does that make me a clyde??? I've never even remotely considered myself a clyde, but maybe now I have to rethink!

back OnT, I've never attached a camera to my bars, but have thought about it a couple of times. Has anyone tried it with a video camera? What are the results like?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
... there are a few commercially available setups for attaching cameras (both still and video) to either bar, rider or rider's lid... and if you do a Google, you'll prolly find a few DIYs.

On the video front, we're benefitting by consumer image stabilization but I've also seen elaborate "steadycam" like mechanical gear. Again, I bet a Google search will show a few (someone posted a descent off of a few French mountains a while back).

Oh, and in my book, it takes more than height to make a Clyde... I know a lot of 6+ guys who weigh less than my thigh!

·
Registered
609 Posts
foz said:
just to go OT for a moment - on that guy's webpage it says that a clydesdale is anyone over 6' or 200lbs... well I'm 6'1", 160lbs - does that make me a clyde??? I've never even remotely considered myself a clyde, but maybe now I have to rethink!

back OnT, I've never attached a camera to my bars, but have thought about it a couple of times. Has anyone tried it with a video camera? What are the results like?
At around 6’2” each, neither Miguel Indurain nor Bjarne Riis were clydesdales. Neither are you. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.