Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading my current wheels and have looked at several companies that offer 23mm wheel sets. I have also been seeing a lot of threads of guys building their own sets and with great success.

Where would I begin if I were to source the parts? I haven't found just where to get them. I'm sure that I'm missing out on the best websites.

Thanks in advance.

Chive On
Brandon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered hubs and spokes from the Bike Hub Store and they were great to deal with. Brandon answered a few questions on the spot, place the order on a Thursday night and received it on Monday. Hubs, spokes, and nips ran about $210 and the rims coming from a local source (H plus Son Archetype) will run around $120. Sooo for $330 I will have a decent wheelset that weighs around 1550-1600g. I'm fairly stout so these are built up fairly heavy but 1450g would be pretty easy for a lighter rider. I'm not saying it's the best route but something to consider at least.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the referral. I've been talking with Brandon via email and he's on point for sure. I think I'll be placing an order soon. Looks like I'll be in the 1400-1450g neighborhood which is about 400-430g less than my current wheelset. Getting excited just thinking about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.