Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get back into road riding I have been MTB for a while and want to get in better shape. Now the dilema I have 95 Giant pergiee thae is in need of work EG tires tubes BB pedals seat ( I stole that for another project) should I rework this bike or should I buy new I not a hard core ryder but I would probally buy another Giant ( That what I ride for a MTB) of the same quality. What do you think

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I'd vote for a rebuild. From your list there isn't anything that can't be done for a reasonable price and quickly. Once you get back into it and want to upgrade then it's time for a new bike. The only reason I would say buy new at this point is if the old ride doesn't fit.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Since you are getting back into the road, I would rebuild. You should be able to do that for not too much money. I would consider replacing the cables as well as the things you said you need. Get Zen And The Art of Road Bike Repair by Lennord Zenn. It's a great book that will guide through the repairs. Then you can start riding, figure out what you really want / need, buy a new bike and keep that one for a back up / rainy day bike.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...and=&sku=11971&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.