Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfing and found a new model On-One Pompino available starting April 2006. It had everything I was looking for in a complete bike, so I put my name on the wait list. I was wondering what this forum knows about On-One components, since most of what's on it is their proprietary stuff. The exchange rate and shipping bring it to ~$900.00 USD. The geometry looks like the frame has mountain bike parentage with a little roadie thrown in, as opposed to the IRO's , SOMA, and other track frame heritage bikes I was considering. Thoughts? Worth it? Anybody ride one? Problems fixing or getting parts? Thanks for the help.

· Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
The frame is bombproof from what I hear and quite versitile because it has canti brakes so you can add fenders or run wider tires. I'd say buy the complete and just replace the stock parts as they wear out... everything on the bike is universal, there aren't any odd ball parts specific to the bike or anything.

· Registered
704 Posts
While I don't have one, a buddy uses one for everyday commuting, and for someone who's been in the bike business in many forms for years, trade and LBS, as well as a rider, he's real happy with his On-One.

Backing that, a neighbour of mine is a single speed MTB'er and one of her ride buddies showed up with his On-One on his car rack a couple of weeks back. Seemed real pleased that someone recognised his ride - I'm a Brit - and we chatted about his One-One some. He really liked his too.

His was real down and dirty - still stood out that it was an On-One! Good if you like to stand out from the herd!

Hope that helps you make up your mind!

Dereck

They sure are individual looking bikes and, as above, look to be a versatile ride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.