·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cyclops All the Way!

If you are going to get a mag trainer get a cyclops. They (mag trainers) are all around the same price but the cyclops has a lifetime warenty and they have been making trainers for so long. I use a fluid trainer only because I got tired of the loud noise from a mag trainer. If noise is a concern of your get fluid. Trainers will be some thing you only buy once every 3-5 years so invest in a good one. Take care and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1up Usa

I got the 1UP USA as a gift this Christmas and it's working out well. Very quiet, and virtually no assemebly (may need to change your skewer but it's very simple). The resistance is even and adjustable, although I found the factory settings to be fine, no need to change anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jack1576 said:
I got the 1UP USA as a gift this Christmas and it's working out well. Very quiet, and virtually no assemebly (may need to change your skewer but it's very simple). The resistance is even and adjustable, although I found the factory settings to be fine, no need to change anything.
I second that. Had my 1UP trainer for a few years now, it is rock solid, quiet and dependable, a very nice piece of equipment with no plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Everybody has a favorite...

...and you will get alot of opinions .My personal favorite is the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer. In my opinion get a fluid trainer.I've had magnetics and they can't compare to a fluid.I think the Kinetic is built better than the Cycleops.Just my opinion.Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
pedlfoot said:
...and you will get alot of opinions .My personal favorite is the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer. In my opinion get a fluid trainer.I've had magnetics and they can't compare to a fluid.I think the Kinetic is built better than the Cycleops.Just my opinion.Good luck.
I agree.

The 1UP is unique in that it is centrifical pressure resistance, the more you push, the more it pushes back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts