Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a used Moots, and wonder what y'all know about Moots' friendliness toward second owners?

I ask because I've heard that Seven is quite negative toward second owners, releasing absolutely no information on the build, but many other builders will provide details like frame geometry/measurements if you provide them with a serial number.

Does anyone know if they will honor what's left of a warranty or whether a second owner can purchase a warranty?

Hope to be part of the Moots fold in the near future!

· Registered
214 Posts
Moots does not offer any warranty to a second owner. your best bet is to buy a used Moots locally and work out an agreement with the seller where they agree to warranty the frame for you or you could offer them compensation for warranting the frame for you.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts - I asked a similar question in the frame/bike folder on RBR, and wondered as well about the fairness of $2000 for a one year old Vamoots someone is selling. Anyone have thoughts on this asking price? It does include both a Moots stem and seatpost (along with a King headset), BTW - but given the retail cost of a new frame (c. 2750), I'm questioning the asking price.

· Registered
553 Posts
moots has been great to me regarding info on my used frame...no warranty needs thank goodness. gave me original build specs and even sent a current-issue head badge (1" no less) to replace the ht decal that was OEM on my '97.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.