Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While searching to find a company To fix my broken carbon fiber frame, I thought I came across a company that buys Broken frames. Does anybody know A company that fixes broken carbon fiber frames as well as buy them?

·
Los Barriles, BCS, Mexico
1,456 Posts
I don't know of a company that buys broken carbon but Calfee is a well known and well respected carbon repair place.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
Some of them will buy frames that are broken to fix, but I don't know of any that advertise to the public that they'll buy broken carbon. Places like Predator used to pick up broken frames, fix them, strip them down and put their name on them.

Broken frames do sell on ebay, people are aware of the repair possibilities and costs. There's also several home repair kits for only like $100 or so.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent my frame to Ruckus Composites. I've hear really good things about Shawn, Graham and the rest of The people that work For that company.However, I think sometimes it would have been more economical for me to have sold the frame and bought a used one

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
However, I think sometimes it would have been more economical for me to have sold the frame and bought a used one
How much can you get for a broken frame? I guess it's "more than nothing" but certainly it would cost more to buy a new frame than to have one repaired?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Generally You are correct. However it would depend on how bad you broke your frame and what Kind of frame yours was

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Some of them will buy frames that are broken to fix, but I don't know of any that advertise to the public that they'll buy broken carbon. Places like Predator used to pick up broken frames, fix them, strip them down and put their name on them.

Broken frames do sell on ebay, people are aware of the repair possibilities and costs. There's also several home repair kits for only like $100 or so.
just keep in mind home repair kits ain't the same as the real proper repair

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
just keep in mind home repair kits ain't the same as the real proper repair
Oh for sure. The point is that they're out there and it gives people the confidence to buy a broken frame and try. That bolsters the point that they do indeed sell on ebay without trouble, people are buying them. Maybe professionals, maybe diy dudes, they have no trouble selling to someone.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will attest to people buying broken carbon frames. I am one of them. I bought mine off of Facebook.Very cheaply I might add. There was a repair that was done it already Supposedly by some vocational student. It turned out horrible but I thought I could get it fixed at a reputable place.I chose Ruckus Due to the fact that I have seen Some of their work And Graham and Shawn Seem to be very Knowledgeable about carbon.I can't wait to see the work they have done for me And yes the repairs Are going to be a lot less than buying a new frame However I could have bought a used frame Almost the exact same one that I have now for Less

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.