Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SD,
I rode the new Z5 the other day and fell in love w/ it. That customer got a great bike! So much for a specialized, looks like Im riding a Felt from here on out. My question is pretty simple but worth asking. I like the Z5 and the white finish. What color will the Z4 be and what will be the differences in spec(wheels, fork etc.)? Will it have the higher level frame modulus as last years 4 did over the 5 or will the frames be identical? What kind of wait are we expecting in the shop to get the 4 instead of the 5? I need to get out on the road again....

Thanks

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
zach.scofield said:
Hey SD,
I rode the new Z5 the other day and fell in love w/ it. That customer got a great bike! So much for a specialized, looks like Im riding a Felt from here on out. My question is pretty simple but worth asking. I like the Z5 and the white finish. What color will the Z4 be and what will be the differences in spec(wheels, fork etc.)? Will it have the higher level frame modulus as last years 4 did over the 5 or will the frames be identical? What kind of wait are we expecting in the shop to get the 4 instead of the 5? I need to get out on the road again....

Thanks
Glad you liked the ride. The Z4 finish uses less white paint, only subtle touches with blue accents instead of red. it is upgraded with Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels and uses a better fork with better carbon grade as well. The Z4 should be available before the end of next month if not sooner, depending on where you are located.

-SD

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave,
Paul(the shop's owner, my boss) has been trying to get ahold of Ralph (our inside rep) and chris this week but havent been able to do anything but leave a message with no return calls from them. Chris said via email that we need to contact Ralph for EP but, we havent been able to reach him.

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
zach.scofield said:
Dave,
Paul(the shop's owner, my boss) has been trying to get ahold of Ralph (our inside rep) and chris this week but havent been able to do anything but leave a message with no return calls from them. Chris said via email that we need to contact Ralph for EP but, we havent been able to reach him.
If he can't reach Ralph, try ScottyMo, or John G.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 2011 Felt Z2 is now $6,500 versus $6,000 for the 2010 model. It looks like for the extra $500, you get the Dura-Ace crank. SuperDave, what are the other upgrades to the 2011 model? Cassette, brakes? Too bad the wheelset is not the Shimano WH-7850-C24-CL, but I guess that would increase the cost of the bike even more....

Is the Z2 model designed to compete with the Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3 Di2 in terms of a comfortable, high-performance road bike?

I think I like the graphics of the 2010 Felt Z2 a little better than the 2011 model, particularly the seat tube.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The 2011 Felt Z2 is the same price as the 2010 Felt Z2 according to my LBS. I already place an order for the 2011 Felt Z2 and I think it's an amazing deal. Just checkout any other brand with Shimano Di2 component on the bike and see how much it will cost you. Probably around $10,000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dave, I asked this question on the Canadian Pricing thread, but since I'm not sure you will continue to monitor that thread I will ask my question here. The pic of the Z4 you posted on the CP thread was a different than the pics you posted above. The CP posted Z4 is a different shade of blue, has different top tube graphics and has white, as opposed to black, stem and tape. If there is only one version (which I'm assuming) which is the more accurate? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at getting an F95 as my first bike and was wondering when I should start to see the 2011's in the area bike shops? Also, have there been any major component changes over the 2010's or just the geometries as you said earlier?

·
Registered
359 Posts
linkou said:
Dave, I asked this question on the Canadian Pricing thread, but since I'm not sure you will continue to monitor that thread I will ask my question here. The pic of the Z4 you posted on the CP thread was a different than the pics you posted above. The CP posted Z4 is a different shade of blue, has different top tube graphics and has white, as opposed to black, stem and tape. If there is only one version (which I'm assuming) which is the more accurate? Thanks

The one in this thread is a ZW4, not a Z4. Its a woman's specific bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts