Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've shopped at several shops in my quest for the perfect bike. I'm from a small 'one shop town' but my lbs only carries Giant and tafter riding many make and models I fell in love with the Specialized Roubaix.

Tne nearest Specialized dealer, one hour away, had my size in the base model but not the Elite that I was after. My old dealer, across the state, had the perfect bike on closeout, I was able to test ride their bike while there on a business trip and we made the deal a couple of days later over the phone.

My wife is bringing the bike home today and I'm going to need help setting up the cleats. Would I be a louse if I took my new ride to my lbs and paid him for tweaking those things for me since I did not buy from him? I

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,340 Posts
eyefly said:
I've shopped at several shops in my quest for the perfect bike. I'm from a small 'one shop town' but my lbs only carries Giant and tafter riding many make and models I fell in love with the Specialized Roubaix.

Tne nearest Specialized dealer, one hour away, had my size in the base model but not the Elite that I was after. My old dealer, across the state, had the perfect bike on closeout, I was able to test ride their bike while there on a business trip and we made the deal a couple of days later over the phone.

My wife is bringing the bike home today and I'm going to need help setting up the cleats. Would I be a louse if I took my new ride to my lbs and paid him for tweaking those things for me since I did not buy from him? I
So long as you paid him-methinks not.

&etc & like taht

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you've got a good relationship with the shop anyway, and they don't carry that particular model, it's not a problem at all to take the Roubaix in to get serviced. The employees are most likely bikers themselves and know what it's like to find the right ride, they won't hold it against you. Also, they're still getting your business, that's the key really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.