Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im building my first wheelset. i figured out spoke length by numerous online spoke calcs.
when i buy the spokes, should i get get the spokes a little shorter than my calculations? like 2mm shorter?

thanks

· A wheelist
11,689 Posts
toxanadu said:
so im building my first wheelset. i figured out spoke length by numerous online spoke calcs.
when i buy the spokes, should i get get the spokes a little shorter than my calculations? like 2mm shorter?
Why would you go to the trouble of using a calculator and then ignore what they say? Heck if you're going 2mm shorter, why not 10? Then at least you'd save some weight.

· Registered
313 Posts
toxanadu said:

thanks
Are you in between two standard sizes available to you or are you rounding up or down from a decimal that the calculator ended up with?

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
toxanadu said:
thanks
Easier to cut 'em than to stretch 'em. Just sayin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.