Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one , I got budget around $1500. I looking for caad12 but i still dont know yet which type of caad12 , i just confuse what type im going to choose , need adviceeee , thanks !

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,440 Posts
The Emonda has a slightly more relaxed geometry, the CAAD12 has a more aggressive race geometry. Just saying.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
The Emonda has a slightly more relaxed geometry, the CAAD12 has a more aggressive race geometry. Just saying.
Yeah, but you can easily accomplish the same fit with a stem swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all , guys is it worth it to buy caad12 disc 105 , or the conventional caad12 105 ? Thanksss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,440 Posts
Thanks all , guys is it worth it to buy caad12 disc 105 , or the conventional caad12 105 ? Thanksss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I will get some disagreements here. But unless you will be riding in the rain a lot, disc brakes are not worth the extra initial cost, nor the added maintenance down the road. The newer 105 rim brakes actually have excellent modulation and are a far cry from rim brakes of yesteryear.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I'm sure I will get some disagreements here. But unless you will be riding in the rain a lot, disc brakes are not worth the extra initial cost, nor the added maintenance down the road. The newer 105 rim brakes actually have excellent modulation and are a far cry from rim brakes of yesteryear.
I agree and I am not convinced discs are worth the added weight they add to the bike. Unless you are doing the kind of riding that makes them essential or really important, I would opt for the rim brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts