Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased all the stuff for my first wheel build. But hunting down the products at a descent price was a pain. I got the spokes from danscomp for what seemed to be a good price. a hub and rims from ebikestop. A lot of the companies I saw reccomended in forums were wholesalers who only sold to businesses, places like QBP. What are some websites that offer good prices on wheel components so I have somewhere to go for future wheel builds. Rims and hubs seem easier to find at a good price than more specialized spokes. I went with Sapim race for 0.40$ each with nipples, but other than danscomp they were priced much higher. where else should I look in the future?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I recommend Cambria Bike Outfitters. Even though I'm here in California (& subject to Calif. sales tax) I've found their prices hard to beat.

Many times their spokes are being offered at a discount. If you subscribe to their emails, they have lots of specials and sales. Also, many items are offered at a price-match discount, where they not only meet valid prices from other sellers, but beat it by a few percent.

Definitely worth checking into. I've bought lots of spokes and nipples from this company for my many wheel builds.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was in same situation picking up components but when I looked for spokes it was high in price. The big shops offer it expensive if you buy only spokes. End up to build with them the wheel set be cheaper. I end up building my wheel set with the shop where I bought my hubset. For it was best price I found and eventually their offer for complete built was less than any collection of separate components. I agree Cambria is one of the cheapest one for spokes. I currently built my wheelset with r2-bike in Germany.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.