Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago Ken B posted about his ride around the BWI trail and on to the B&A Trail: https://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=55581

After looking at it, I thought it'd be a great ride for my girlfriend and I. So, Sunday we hopped on the Light Rail with our bikes which took us to the Linthicum stop. From there we got off and started pedaling. I have to say: the BWI trail is a beautiful 11 mile loop.

Below are a bunch of random photos from our little touring adventure...

Arby.

Below: Tasha doing a little bike maintenance... installing a water bottle cage. (Gotta start somewhere!)

Below: Sometimes I can't even get a Light Rail ticket with out taking a picture.

Below: Arby waits for the train.

Below: Tasha doing likewise.

Below: Atlast... we're on board... and waiting again.

Below: So while we were being transported I snapped away...

Below: ... snapping away. (Bromoseltzer Tower in background)

Below: We passed by a frieght train which had derailed...

Below: Enjoying the ride.

Below: Getting sleepy....

Below: ... helmet that I love.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BWI Trail Part II

Below: Shoe that stinks.

Below: We're finally there. Can you see Tasha riding? (Lower right corner of mirror)

Below: The BWI Trail is a nice 11 mile loop around the airport... see?

Below: Tasha took the road less traveled by... she wanted to do some crossy stuff on her cross bike.

Below: There was a driving range that we stopped to look at...

Below: Oh... and we each stole a golf ball... don't ask me why.

Below: Warp Speed.

Below: We stopped to watch the planes fly over.. that was awesome. I used to work on 737's and A320s...

Below: Anudderone.

Below: Tasha in the middle of the field...

Below: Busy skyway, busy highway.

Below: There were a few cool bridges on the loop.

Below: A nice lady did us a favor and took this shot of us.

Below: We ate lunch in this field.

Below: We just dropped everything and ate right there.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
No new ride, he just keeps changing the handlebars. At least, that's my theory.

I may have to work the trail into a loop ride I haven't done in over a year. Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet

MB1 said:
What is happening with the new ride?
Hey MB1,

No new ride... yet... But, hopefully there will be a nice new one in the near future. I enjoyed looking over your photos from Peru; that must have been a great trip! Thanks for posting!

Arby

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
LOL! I took my daughter to the BWI trail this past Sunday too. Aside from the wind that was blowing her off the trail, it was a great day. I was going to post a report but yours is much more interesting. :)

Here are a couple snaps from our ride. We started out and finished up at Observation Park.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Great pics of both of you

Great pics Arby. Nice colorful Southwest planes also. I think they win the artist in the air award. I'm going to be in Baltimore for four days next week but I'm stuck on the waterfront at the Marriot for a conference :( . No chance to ride or even bring a bike. Guess I'm going to have to survive off your guys pics instead.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Ridgetop said:
I'm going to be in Baltimore for four days next week but I'm stuck on the waterfront at the Marriot for a conference :( . No chance to ride or even bring a bike. Guess I'm going to have to survive off your guys pics instead.
Ridgetop,
There is a bike shop on Light Street (Light Street Cycles) that used to rent bikes and you can always ride over to Patterson Park and do the BikeJam lap. The weather here has been good.If you are at the Balt. Marr Waterfront the concierge should be able to help you.

Arby,
Great pictures, I would love to take that ride with you guys sometime. Glad to see Tash got a water bottle holder :D . Taking the light rail is a great idea too. I have been planning to start taking the bike to school and ride after now that it's light late. I work next to the Ferndale stop.
I love the spring like makeover on the Pista, the seat is new too right?

Cheers,
SZ

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Thanks Zeytin, I might just pack my biking stuff then.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Thanks for the ride around Baltimore, Arby. I always appreciate your pictures. Looks like you two had a great time!

joe

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
The heck with riding....

Ridgetop said:
Thanks Zeytin, I might just pack my biking stuff then.
I'm thinking your time in Balmer will be just long enough to get a nice start on a beard and to pick up a few styling tatoos. A nice suprise for the lil' woman when you get home.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hook up

Ridgetop said:
Great pics Arby. Nice colorful Southwest planes also. I think they win the artist in the air award. I'm going to be in Baltimore for four days next week but I'm stuck on the waterfront at the Marriot for a conference :( . No chance to ride or even bring a bike. Guess I'm going to have to survive off your guys pics instead.
Ridge top:

PM me if you'd like to meet up for a meal or get a beverage some night while you're in Bmore! If you fit on a 58cm bike you can borrow my road bike for a ride around the city with us one evening.

Let me know,
Arby

·
Commuter :: Beaverton, OR
31 Posts
Great pictures as always. ...and CONGRATULATIONS are in order based on your blog post yesterday. May you two have many great years and miles ahead of you.

-Sven

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
"Nothing happened while you were away"

Arby said:
I neglected to mention that part of the ride :]

Life is soooooo good!

Arby.
When I arrived back home last night from Europe, I asked Mrs. S whether anything had happened in Baltimore while I was away. She said: "Nothing happened while you were away." Well, clearly Mrs. S is not plugged into the right sources. Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts