Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if BWW is still in buisiness... I'm not really worried about the fact that they haven't answered an e-mail that I wrote 2 days ago - that's not a big delay - but then, when I tried to call the number listed in the "contact us" section of their website, it said that the number is invalid.

Anyone knows if the company is indeed still in buisiness? And if they are, is there a phone number where I can join them besides the one on their website?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also tried to contact BWW a week ago regarding tech questions on their in-house line of rims and hubs. I got a funky answering machine message and didn't hear back from emails. They have built wheels in the past for me that were a good set and I was pleased wiht the performance. Although not hearing from them "kinda" concerns me, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set of ultegras with mavic rims. This Friday will be one week the order was placed. Hopefully there still in business and lacing up the wheels.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Positive - still in buisiness

RS2 Rider said:
I also tried to contact BWW a week ago regarding tech questions on their in-house line of rims and hubs. I got a funky answering machine message and didn't hear back from emails. They have built wheels in the past for me that were a good set and I was pleased wiht the performance. Although not hearing from them "kinda" concerns me, I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set of ultegras with mavic rims. This Friday will be one week the order was placed. Hopefully there still in business and lacing up the wheels.
I have sent a second e-mail, which I've adressed to their "sales" department. Chris (the admin at BWW) wrote me back within like one hour! He offered to call me at home and said he'd be glad to build my new wheelset. Good news to me :)

You should maybe also try to write to their sales department, or directly to Chris at [email protected]

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...oh and besides, I didn't notice at first, but he also has sent me a PM here, on RBR!
The title of the message was "we are" and he said he was sorry he didn't answer before ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have used BBW in the past for a build up of Mavic OP/7900 hubs.

To the point on response I was a bit disappointed with their lack of response when I emailed them on status after order was placed. After I received my wheels I noticed they built up rear wheel with 7850 hub. Not big from a monetary perspective, but then again I did expect to get what I ordered.

Their lack of response to my emails on status and the wrong hub will likely make me look elsewhere in the future.

·
Diesel Engine
898 Posts
RS2 Rider said:
So you have doubt on whether they are still around yet you still order (and presumably pay) through their website a set of custom wheels? Seems sort of odd...

·
Registered
29 Posts
As i indicated I purchased a set awhile back and it was a quality build. There was a hub problem in which I couldn't get parts for so I had to move onto another wheel, hence my tech questions regarding their hubs and rims for a future build. I made the decision to go with ultegra hubs and mavic rims which are pretty standard and I didn't need any tech questions answered. I've received other info indicating they are in business and still producing wheels so i decided to go with them knowing they may not communicate as well as other companies might or what i would desire. Prior to this post I received a "quantum view"email from UPS indicating shipment is being arranged and I should have the wheels soon. Hope this answers your curiosity!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to clarify, i stand corrected. I was sent an email from BWW via roadbikereview. I logged on and noticed in my private email i received a message from BWW to discuss my questions. Thanks Chris - appreciate you help and response!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts