Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who have been with the board for a good while and follow your postings have noticed your transition from Colnago, to Look, and now you mentioned an R-3 is on order. What is it you see in the Cervelo that perhaps wasn't or isn't in the others? Will it be an additional ride to the Look? Are you like many of us who from time to time are overwhelmed with the "need" for a new bike or are technical / other factors in play? Personally, I've been creating, over the past week or so, a "need" for a BMC Pro. You know, downloading the geometry tables, reading all the hype, etc., etc. Probably just a rationale to waste some money, but what about you?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
entertainment...

I don't race and I'm close to 53 years old with knee surgery scheduled for 4-14. Obviously I have no real need for an R3, but I just want to try it. Hopefully, it won't be too quick (steering wise) or too stiff. I'll keep both of my LOOK frames until I've decided for or against the R3. I have no complaints with either of my LOOK frames.

Obviously the frame is about as light as they come. That can't hurt in the mountains. If I can get my weight down a few more pounds (shooting for 129-130), I be set for another assault on Mt. Evans late in the summer.

There's no telling when this frame will arrive. Apparently, Cervelo ships complete bikes first, then frames. It could easily July before I get one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Interesting post - who "needs" a new bike?

mainframe said:
Are you like many of us who from time to time are overwhelmed with the "need" for a new bike or are technical / other factors in play? Personally, I've been creating, over the past week or so, a "need" for a BMC Pro. You know, downloading the geometry tables, reading all the hype, etc., etc. Probably just a rationale to waste some money ...
I guess if you're not a professional racer or have some health issue that can only be cured by some new technology, you never really "need" a new bike. But, alas, right now I feel I "need" an R3 too. I can't seem to shake it, especially after reading that frame report in Velonews. I'm trying to be strong.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Must be on par with me 'needing' a Bianchi FG Lite Carbon with full Record. Yea, that's it. I'd take one w/o a test ride :)

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
I have needs also......

I "need" a ti Desalvo road and a Vanilla cross........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts