Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a plug for my local shop who hooked up C-40 on a pretty sweet deal on a Look frame...even though they don't show the frames on the website (which is pretty poopy if you ask me) they hooked him up good. And WHY they don't have litespeed on their website is BEYOND me...they have like 4 full ti bikes on the floor built!

Check 'em out, and call or email them for a good price on a hard to find part.

(And no, I don't work there or otherwise have any pecuniary interest in the shop.)

Natomas Bike Shop

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
yes, they called me...

The shop owner, John Buchanan has been very nice to deal with. John did have a problem getting the frame, though. Apparently LOOK will not sell just one frame to a dealer. If you want to be a frame dealer, as opposed to just selling LOOK pedals, you have to order a larger quantity. John had another local shop get the frame for him. I doubt he'll make a deal like that again, unless he decides to stock enough frames to become a frame dealer.

I have no complaints, as long as it arrives safely. It cost $150 less than going through Excel Sports.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
not in my experience...

I personally don't like dealing with most local shops. Most have a limited stock, high prices and once you buy something from them they get pissed if you don't buy everything from them. On large puchases the sales tax is another deterrent.

I visited the Excel Sports showroom and thought about buying the KG461from them, but would of felt dumb asking for a $150 discount, because I could get that price elswhere. As far as I know they no longer price-match and they'd have to take my word regarding another dealer's price, since it's not advertised.

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asiago said:
Too bad you don't have a good LBS then, guess it is back to mail order for you.
I'm very lucky to have a good LBS. On the other hand, I support them as well...it's sort of a "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" arraingement. I pay a bit more for some stuff, and some stuff I pay a LOT less for.

It's all about building relationships, I've found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.