Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am interested in the C24 also. Did you get the new C24 9000 series, tubeless or clincher? Let us know how you like the wheels!
I got the C24 9000 CL. It has been on the of the best wheelsets I have tried so far. It's heavier than the stated 1395g. Mine was around 1420g when I weighed it. Hubs are extremely smooth. Got that set for $720. The built quality is really nice. I do not feel any flex at all even when I stomp on it. I weigh around 165lbs. No regret whatsoever on this set. I would get this again if I need another set.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I got the C24 9000 CL. It has been on the of the best wheelsets I have tried so far. It's heavier than the stated 1395g. Mine was around 1420g when I weighed it. Hubs are extremely smooth. Got that set for $720. The built quality is really nice. I do not feel any flex at all even when I stomp on it. I weigh around 165lbs. No regret whatsoever on this set. I would get this again if I need another set.
What do you guys think about Tubeless ready version versus Clincher? Some riders I've spoken with swear by Tubeless. Others say its a lot of maintenance, need a compressor, the sealant is messy, wheels are heavier than clinchers. hmmm. I am leaning toward Dura Ace wheels but might just stick with clinchers. Hmmm.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you guys think about Tubeless ready version versus Clincher? Some riders I've spoken with swear by Tubeless. Others say its a lot of maintenance, need a compressor, the sealant is messy, wheels are heavier than clinchers. hmmm. I am leaning toward Dura Ace wheels but might just stick with clinchers. Hmmm.
I have never tried out the TL version. My concerns were similar to yours so I opted for the CL. Easy to maintain and they were lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.