Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found out last week I will be getting a sign on bonus in about a month from now... so naturally I figured this would be my best opportunity to get my dream frameset, a Colnago C60 (well, a C59 is my dream but a C60 will do).

I've been researching (obsessing) on what size frame to get. And as per usual, I seem to fall in between sizes per sizing suggestions. So I've done the research and I have decided on a 50s. However, I was hoping to get some input from the forum to validate my decision.

Here are the details, my current ride is a 52cm BMC SLX01. Fit's great, first bike I've felt my fit was dialed in. Here are the details for the two framesets:

BMC SLX01 52cm
Seat Tube (c-t) 52.5
Seat Tube (c-c) 50.0
Effective TT 54.5
Head Tube 140
HT Angle 72.0
ST Angle 73.5
Chainstays 402
BB Drop 69
wheel base 978
Stack 54.8
Reach 38.3

Colnago C60 50s
Seat Tube (c - t) 50
Seat Tube (c - c) 47.5
Effective TT 54.0
Heat Tube 145
ST Angle 74.0
Chainstay 405
Wheelbase 994
Stack 54.7
Reach 38.3

My Saddle to Handlebar is 55.0, BB to top of saddle is 73.0 and the bar drop is 12cm.

so the C60 50s geo compare favorably to the SLX01. The Stack and reach is almost identical. Slam dunk right? I'm pretty sure. That's where you guys come in... am I missing something?

any help or suggestions are welcomed!

·
Registered
27,471 Posts
Found out last week I will be getting a sign on bonus in about a month from now... so naturally I figured this would be my best opportunity to get my dream frameset, a Colnago C60 (well, a C59 is my dream but a C60 will do).

I've been researching (obsessing) on what size frame to get. And as per usual, I seem to fall in between sizes per sizing suggestions. So I've done the research and I have decided on a 50s. However, I was hoping to get some input from the forum to validate my decision.

Here are the details, my current ride is a 52cm BMC SLX01. Fit's great, first bike I've felt my fit was dialed in. Here are the details for the two framesets:

BMC SLX01 52cm
Seat Tube (c-t) 52.5
Seat Tube (c-c) 50.0
Effective TT 54.5
Head Tube 140
HT Angle 72.0
ST Angle 73.5
Chainstays 402
BB Drop 69
wheel base 978
Stack 54.8
Reach 38.3

Colnago C60 50s
Seat Tube (c - t) 50
Seat Tube (c - c) 47.5
Effective TT 54.0
Heat Tube 145
ST Angle 74.0
Chainstay 405
Wheelbase 994
Stack 54.7
Reach 38.3

My Saddle to Handlebar is 55.0, BB to top of saddle is 73.0 and the bar drop is 12cm.

so the C60 50s geo compare favorably to the SLX01. The Stack and reach is almost identical. Slam dunk right? I'm pretty sure. That's where you guys come in... am I missing something?

any help or suggestions are welcomed!
Same stack and reach on both frames. It'll fit fine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that was my thought, thanks Fredrico!

·
Registered
456 Posts
If your current ride fits great , the ETT, reach, and stack of the Colnago is right there. Have them copy the fit of the BMC to the C60 and you shouldn't need a fit.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
yes the stack and reach is the same but the seat tube angle is different. So, no, they are not the same. The difference will only be about 1/2 a cm though.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yes, Stack and Reach are the same. It should be easy to get a good fit based off of your SLX-01.

However, i have a feeling that Colnago is going to feel a little different. It has ~2cm longer wheelbase and has a slightly taller head tube. The chainstays are also a smidge longer. Do you know what the BB Drop is on them?

Even though it's a little shorter seat tube, the Colnago is probably going to feel a little bigger (longer).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts