Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a CAAD5 cannondale with Campy Centaur 10sp drivetrain and proton wheels. I love it as a fast efficient roadie that climbs well and so on. I really want a crosscheck or something similar for all the things that it can do. Here's my question:

If I stripped the CAAD5 of all parts and put them on a Crosscheck, how would it feel differently on the road? Would it be noticeably slower or a less efficient climber? What else?

Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was going to get a crosscheck till I found that the frames were out till september. I received my IRO Rob Roy today and built it up. 10 miles or so on my maiden voyage and I must say that I am very pleased. Its a quality frame that rides really well and is plenty fast.

·
The Edge
205 Posts
It's feel just like your CAAD5 with thick bar tape, cushy saddle, and low pressure tires. CrossCheck will be more stable and more forgiving, but it will also feel less responsive.

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Been there.

If I stripped the CAAD5 of all parts and put them on a Crosscheck
Don't. My advice is to keep the Cannondale intact if you possibly can. A few weeks with the Crosscheck and you'll be yearning for the Cannondale again. It's human nature to always want that which you don't have. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.