Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the integrated BB/crankset on the CAAD6 the same as the one Cannondale currently uses on the newer frames (6.13 et al)?

I'm looking at purchasing a CAAD6, but don't want to be stuck with a BB/crankset I can't get parts for because it was such a limited run. Seeing as they've made a pretty big commitment to the integrated system, I'd hope that as long as they're all the same, I could get spares for a while.

Brooks K.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yes they are the same

cannondale has had a standard bottom bracket for a while now. i believe all CAAD 6, 7, 8, synapse, and six13 frames with the hollowgram designation use the same system. there have been at least 3 cranksets to go on this setup as well. the original aluminum, carbon and compact carbon.
double check the tech section of the cannondale website for more. they have all their tech orders and manuals there in PDF form.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cannondale also makes an adapter to convert your bottom bracket to a standard english if you ever wanted to do that down the road. I don't think getting parts will be a problem though, I see lots of cannnondales with the si cranksets at races.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.