Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I ride a caad9 and was looking to upgrade the ultra stock fork with losing some weight being the main goal of the upgrade...I've heard that the cannondale slice carbon fork is a good choice from both a weight and identical rake perspective... There would be no compatibility issues with a caad9 frame and a Slice fork right?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
look into alphaQ forks not sure if they are still on ebay for $100 bucks but I LOVE mine.

its lighter, much stiffer for my 200lb self.

Chad

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Either Alpha or Easton fork will do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked in to the easton ec90slx fork but am leaning towards the cannondale one...there would be no fit problems correct?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Make sure there is no crack unless you know the history otherwise it's a risky buy.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Your always taking a risk when you buy used carbon. You have no idea what the previous owner put it through.

Go to a bike shop that deals with Cannondale. My lbs offered me a new uncut Premium for 150.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What model CAAD9 do you have, a 6? Yours has the Slice Ultra? I have a 5 and it came with a Slice premium full carbon so I wouldn't think there would be any compatibility problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts