Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At my shop I can get a deal on either a stock SystemSix 4 or I can build up a CAAD9 with SRAM Red shifters and rd with a force fd, Easton EA90 SLX wheels, an FSA K-wing bar and a DA crankset. (all personal preference.)

The CAAD built up like that would cost a little more. And it'd be a 63cm so stiffness is a big issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trick question, right? SystemSix, all day. You don't give up much with the SRAM Rival stuff that comes stock on the SystemSix, but the frameset and cockpit are superior. You can always upgrade components later.

It isn't that the CAAD 9 is a bad bicycle. Far from it. But the oversized head tube and carbon front end on the SystemSix is a revelation when moving from an all-aluminum Cannondale frame.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well some other guys that work in my shop have a six13, systemsix, and supersix so I will be able to test them out but the reason I was heading for the CAAD9 was because the frame will be really strong for crits and probably lighter with that componentry on it and ride quality isn't the biggest issue for me. I can handle stiff riding bikes. And the CAAD is stiffer.

And SRAM Red is just too cool.

·
Registered
15 Posts
teffisk said:
well some other guys that work in my shop have a six13, systemsix, and supersix so I will be able to test them out but the reason I was heading for the CAAD9 was because the frame will be really strong for crits and probably lighter with that componentry on it and ride quality isn't the biggest issue for me. I can handle stiff riding bikes. And the CAAD is stiffer.

And SRAM Red is just too cool.
Gotcha. Have fun. As a 215-lb sprinter type, I've ridden all three. You won't have durability complexities no matter which one you choose. They're all very strong. Certainly if you're doing crits, you'll feel less pain when you lay down the CAAD 9. :D

And they're all very stiff bikes. It's pretty difficult to flex most modern bikes these days. Cannondale's BB30 really helps. My vast preference was for the SuperSix (with Red), which is my race/fast training bike. Then the SystemSix (with Force), then the CAAD.

That was also the order of their handling prowess, for me. Good luck, and enjoy those test rides.

·
Registered
39 Posts
why can you be possibly asking this question...

The System six is way stiffer - yes it has the CAAD 9 rear end for stiffness, but the carbon front end resists flex much better - no competition.

CAAD 9 is good (I have one) but you're bonkers if you think its a patch on the System six

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.