Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding a TREK NEKO for a year and have graduated to a CAADX 105. The 44 frame seems a little cramped. I was told I fit on both. My upper back hurt a bit after my ride on the 48. I am 5 foot 2 with a 29 height. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate it.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,717 Posts
I have been riding a TREK NEKO for a year and have graduated to a CAADX 105. The 44 frame seems a little cramped. I was told I fit on both. My upper back hurt a bit after my ride on the 48. I am 5 foot 2 with a 29 height. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate it.

Eeeeegad! The difference between a 44 and a 48 is quite a difference! Did you ever try a 46?

Did either of the places you bought these bikes from give you a detailed fit with your purchase?

If not, I suggest you get thee to a difference bike shop and get sized and fitted correctly.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i ride slightly smaller frames. im surprised nobody has called the cops citing a creepy clown riding around on a bike.

for me, it is the stretch that matters. can you run a longer stem on the 44? was the stem on the 48 long and could be shortened? what about raised?

even though i ride frame sthat might be a tad small, i still usually end up with short stem, but with a few spacers.

remember, it may take a while for your body to adjust to a new ride, but if your back hurt after the test ride...was it right after the ride on the 44? could be you had trouble swapping between the two size differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts