Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find an answer in search.

This frame just arrived (Flyxii FR322), it has internal routing and I'm wondering if I will need full length housing on the rear brake cable.

As shown in the photo, the shifter to frame housing enters the frame near the bottom left of the TT and exits on the top left near the seat tube, thus potentially I can see where potentially no housing is needed internally and that the cable entry/exit points might well have stops for end caps, in any event.

Any experience and advice of others is helpful.

SB

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
1. You'll get better luck posting in the China direct thread. Some people here get surprisingly upset when you try to talk about China-direct frames.

2. You do NOT run housing inside the frame – neither for the rear brake (which you asked about specifically) nor for the FD or RD.

3. In fact, I'm not sure you COULD run housing inside the frame, because the frame stops only allow the cable to go through, not housing.

4. Do not forget: there are NO permanent GUIDES inside the frame, so you want to run the bare cable into the frame through the straw that is currently in place; after the cable is run, then remove the straw.

5. KEEP the straw: you'll need it if you need to replace cables in the future.

**I've built up two FR-322 frames, and 4 total FlyXii bikes; they are *fantastic* bikes. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. You'll get better luck posting in the China direct thread. Some people here get surprisingly upset when you try to talk about China-direct frames.

2. You do NOT run housing inside the frame – neither for the rear brake (which you asked about specifically) nor for the FD or RD.

3. In fact, I'm not sure you COULD run housing inside the frame, because the frame stops only allow the cable to go through, not housing.

4. Do not forget: there are NO permanent GUIDES inside the frame, so you want to run the bare cable into the frame through the straw that is currently in place; after the cable is run, then remove the straw.

5. KEEP the straw: you'll need it if you need to replace cables in the future.

**I've built up two FR-322 frames, and 4 total FlyXii bikes; they are *fantastic* bikes. Enjoy!
Thanks for the reply, I did indeed post in the Chinese Carbon thread, but had not gotten a reply so thought maybe here.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.