Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 784 Posts

·
Naso Unicornis
875 Posts
Hi niskyspy:

It looks like you're running Yokozuna cables and housings. Have you noticed any difference in the shifting and braking quality with those cables and housings? I'm running the stock SRAM stuff on mine and the coating on the cables is coming off. It still shifts fine but it looks like crap to me. They run fine on my DA 7800 machine but just wanted to see if it works as well with SRAM.

Thanks,
Chl

·
Registered
506 Posts
why on the caad 10, the seatpost collar seems to be always inverted??

·
Registered
2 Posts
CHL said:
Hi niskyspy:

It looks like you're running Yokozuna cables and housings. Have you noticed any difference in the shifting and braking quality with those cables and housings? I'm running the stock SRAM stuff on mine and the coating on the cables is coming off. It still shifts fine but it looks like crap to me. They run fine on my DA 7800 machine but just wanted to see if it works as well with SRAM.

Thanks,
Chl
With Yokozuna it wasn't so much a difference in shifting but the huge difference in braking. Before this build I had two different bike setups one with stock SRAM housings and other with Dura-Ace. The SRAM felt the worst out of all for brake feel, the brakes were very squishy unlike the Dura-Ace and Yokozuna which were firm with great feedback. One thing I didn't like about Yokozuna is that the brake housing is very thick and very hard to bend. I had to literary spend half an hour getting the housing length right (new build so nothing to compare it to) for front and rear brakes so that the springiness of the cable would not rotate the brake caliper causing it to rub the rim. Other than that I will most likely buy Yokozuna again because I love my brakes firm and responsive. Dura-Ace was very close 2nd, too bad they don't make them without the Dura-Ace stamps on the housing.

mikeyp123 said:
Dudes nice bikes... but seriously, chop down those steerers.
Thank you. I haven't ridden it yet. I live in NY and the weather is just starting to turn good but its still very muddy on the roads, so I am riding my beater until the roads dry up. I will cut the steerer once I figure out where it needs to be cut at, as of right now its at its max and I will spend the first month dialing the height.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
costabike wow that is a light bike for size 60cm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
sponger78, I'm liking the b&w look of your caad10. Looks like a 48cm? That's about my size, and I'm wondering if the smaller size caad10s, with such beefy headtube junctures, are extra stiff (of course, no real way of comparing). How's the ride compared to other bikes you've owned?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wish my buddy had the patience to wait for a 10, instead of picking up a Special-ed Tarmac.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, waiting is the hard part. I almost gave up and gotten the 2009 Fuji SL1 on closeout instead.

·
Registered
43 Posts
juanj, I'm only 5ft 3 and 140lbs, and yeah it's a 48cm. This is my 1st road bike, but I have been riding mountain bikes for a while. The only thing I can say is it's light (17lbs), stiff, and fast. As comparing it to my other bikes it's a Cannondale just like my other ones, it's pretty sweet.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
sponger78 said:
juanj, I'm only 5ft 3 and 140lbs, and yeah it's a 48cm. This is my 1st road bike, but I have been riding mountain bikes for a while. The only thing I can say is it's light (17lbs), stiff, and fast. As comparing it to my other bikes it's a Cannondale just like my other ones, it's pretty sweet.

They are stupid light. My 56 with a Force group, Williams Sys 30 wheels, 25c tires, computer, 2 bottle cages, and my boat anchor (but love them) Time ATAC pedals (354gr), came in at 17.5 lbs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
sponger78 said:
Thanks. This model and size is top of my list to test ride.

1 - 20 of 784 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.