Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So why hasn't he won the tour previously (or any other major races, for that matter)?

And if mountain biking rocks so hard, why do so many of the top pros turn to the road?

What about Ryder Hesjedal?

Edit: wait...Evans won the Tour of Romandie and the '07 Pro Tour. Now there are some meaningful victories. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
ajoc_prez said:
Trust me, Cadel will win. I will bring this thread back to the top once this great mountain biker dominates the roadies and wins the biggest race in cycling.
Didn't the whole mtb v. roadie flamebait thing die of old age back in the late 90's?

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
ajoc_prez said:
And he will win this years TDF. Why? Because he's an ex mountain biker and that has prepared him to dominate the Tour over lifelong roadies.

Mountain Biker > Roadie

Long live mountain biking!!
You sir, are a moron.

·
POGUE MAHONE
1,111 Posts
I remember Cadel racing in Canmore in the late 90's... he was riding around on his road bike
for a warmup... matter of fact all the top MTBers could be seen riding around town on their road bikes..... hmmm wonder why?

·
Registered
86 Posts
ajoc_prez said:
And he will win this years TDF. Why? Because he's an ex mountain biker and that has prepared him to dominate the Tour over lifelong roadies.

Mountain Biker > Roadie

Long live mountain biking!!

yeah ur right, he is an ex-mountain biker. But mountain bikers are good at just one thing. Going down hill.
Too bad Cadel cant climb uphill worth a damn. Thats why he gets dropped like a used hooker at the first sight of a grade

·
Registered
101 Posts
One thing you have to do to win the Tour..... ATTACK!!

Cadel Evans is a non aggressive rider, that is why he was second last year. Don't get me wrong, I like him and would love to see an Aussie win, but he needs to get off his butt and not stop lurking in the shadows.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
Do you suppose he has a smaller penis now that he's a roadie?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Cadel got his start on a trike not on an MTB. If he does pull it off it will be due to those critical years with 3 wheels not the many with nobbies.

Rumor has it most TDF winners spent their foundation years with 3 wheels and a fixed gear...
:p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.