Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd problem I’m noticing. When I’m standing, I’ve noticed that my cadence reading on my Garmin 1030plus is wildly inaccurate, either reading close to double what it actually is, or cuts out altogether. I did not notice this before on my 830, but didn’t really pay attention, either. Garmin GSC10 sensor on a cyclocross frame, 68mm BSA BB, with an MTB crankset. Multiple magnets are stacked, as the crank is otherwise not close enough to the chain stay for the sensor to register. I have no problems when seated; cadence seems completely accurate. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
This happened to me a lot when I stopped pedaling to corner, rest a bit, etc. and the crank arm sensor was aligned with the GSC-10 on my chainstay and not moving. My reported cadence would shoot up to nearly 200, until I started pedaling again and it evened out. After I figured out what was causing the error, I just made sure I didn't keep the crank aligned with the sensor. But you state that you are pedaling while standing, right? So not the same issue apparently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts