Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccommend a computer with cadence that works well ? does not have to be wireless. I have a Vetta RT 88 now but am looking for one with cadence . I know Vetta has one (V100 series) do they work well ?....Thanks , Rich

·
lyleseven
490 Posts
Cateye and Mavic

rfiglia said:
Can anyone reccommend a computer with cadence that works well ? does not have to be wireless. I have a Vetta RT 88 now but am looking for one with cadence . I know Vetta has one (V100 series) do they work well ?....Thanks , Rich
Vetta sucks. I have a Mavic WinTech and a Cateye Astrale 8; both work very well. The Cateye is not wireless, the Mavic is. The Cateye is a bargain. You can pick it up on ebay for about $25 or $30.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Cadence Computer

Cateye Astrale. I've used them since '95. They're worth more than you can pay. Most have rear pickup for speed. The newer Astrale 8 came out with front wheel pickup but I've heard they are going to rear wheel on that model too. On rear wheel sensor models you need to be a little more careful setting the circumference calibration because the rear carries more weight and the tire deflects more. If you use a rollout do it weighted. The instruction manual calibrations are usually pretty close, better than an unweighted rollout IMO.
~Al

·
Registered
16 Posts
axiom works fine

I the axiom computer with cadence for 15 bucks. It is not flashy, but has worked perfectly. Wired, cheap, works-even in all the seattle rain.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Agree

Al1943 said:
Cateye Astrale. I've used them since '95. They're worth more than you can pay. Most have rear pickup for speed. The newer Astrale 8 came out with front wheel pickup but I've heard they are going to rear wheel on that model too. On rear wheel sensor models you need to be a little more careful setting the circumference calibration because the rear carries more weight and the tire deflects more. If you use a rollout do it weighted. The instruction manual calibrations are usually pretty close, better than an unweighted rollout IMO.
~Al
I'm very happy with my Astrale. I think Performance has em on sale.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sigma

rfiglia said:
Sigma BC-1600. Works well, not expensive (I guess under 30 buks). Has wireless unit if you wish (10-15 buks more).

·
Registered
10 Posts
rfiglia said:
I have Nashbar for $20. It works fine so far. It has a rear wheel pick for speed, etc. The cadence wire piggy-backs with it down to the chain stay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts