Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

I am new to this site and am considering buying this bike
for $750 new. Does anyone has any experience with this bike. Response and comments will be appreciated.

cheers
mike

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
It looks all right, but my feeling is that I'd look for something else. Although Caddy is a well known name in cars, it's certainly not in bikes. Some of the components are 105's, which are OK. I never heard of the crank. All I can say is if it were me, for the same $$, I'd look elsewhere...quite possibly at a used bike.

· Registered
354 Posts
Pretty similiar spec to a Felt F75-it is probably a good buy if it fits you. And no, it isn't likely made by Cadillac in Michigan: more likely Taiwan like all entry-level aluminum/carbon hybrid frames.. Still, I don't think I would want to own a "Cadillac", "Porsche", "Jeep" bike ect-I would rather have a no-name bike that a bike that advertises a car company. Isn't one of the points of riding a bike so you can leave the car behind?

· You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
I'm puzzled by the "avoid it like the plague" on a site where people are regularly encouraged to buy no-name stuff off the 'net. Al frame, carbon seat stays and fork, and mostly 105 for $750? That beats a lot of the other stuff people push on this site, and this bike could easily be built by the same folks as many of the stuff from BD and others... just rebadged "Cadillac."

It isn't bad bang for the buck, and the OP will just have to evaluate the downsides of having a bike labelled to advertise a car.

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
ultimobici said:
I smell a shill.

OP has one post a month ago and no more. Another poster has one post on this too.....
Agreed.

To whoever wondered about the crank...it's an FSA alloy compact, model "Gossamer"

For $850 (which is what the website now says), you could get an established bike with similar components. I'd go that route before I'd get a Cadalliac or GMC Denali bike.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
covenant said:
Yeah, that one is $4,799.99....and only 30 will be produced. I wonder what $100 tai frame it's based on.

The spec list below doesn't look like they cut any corners on this one. With those components and a Dedacciai Frame... it seems to be priced competitively with the better known big boys.

Full Specs:

Frame: Dedacciai Black Pearl Full Carbon Monoque Triangle + Drive Box
Fork: Reynolds Ouzo Pro 1-18" Full Carbon
Color: Carbon Weave Gloss
F. Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace FD-7800BL
R. Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace RD-7800SS
Shifters: Shimano Dura Ace ST-7800 10 Speed
Brakeset: Shimano Dura Ace BR7800
Crankset: Shimano Dura Ace Alloy Hollowtech II 53/59
Chainwheel: Shimano Dura Ace 53/59 FC-7800
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Dura Ace Integrated Hollowtech II
Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 11-25 for 10 Speed CS-7800
Chain: Shimano Dura Ace CN-7801 Super Narrow 106 links
Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium SL-06, 700c Wheel Set
Tires: Hutchinson Fusion Longevity 700x23c Foldable
Handlebar: FSA HB-RK-235 K-Wing Carbon Fiber 31.8mm
Stem: FSA K-Force Carbon
Headset: FSA Integrated 1-1/8" with Carbon Spacers
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra 6610 SPD Clipless Pedal w/Cleat
Seatpost: Deda Carbon Blackstick, 31.4mmx320mm
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Black Leather Top Carbon Rails
Head Angle: (48cm=72)(52cm=72.5)(55cm=73)(58cm=73)
Seat Angle: (48cm=74)(52cm=74)(55cm=73)(58cm=73)
Chainstay: 40.5 on all sizes
Wheelbase: (48cm=97.1)(52cm=99.4)(55cm=98.9)(58cm=100.4)
Top Tube Length: (48cm=52.8)(52cm=55.5)(55cm=56.5)(58cm=58)
Frame Size: 48, 52, 55, 58cm
Weight: 16 lbs for 55cm size without pedals

· Banned
2,767 Posts
hairscrambled said:
It's from the GMC Truck and Coach assembly plant in Pontiac, Michigan. Purely UAW made. Avoid a Monday production date and you'll get a nice ride.
Yeah, sure it is. And even if it was made there....iffin' it's made in a US auto manufacturer's plant, it's gotta be suspect.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.