Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadillac Road Limited Edition RLE1.8 Road Bike

24K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  dlenmn 
hairscrambled said:
It's from the GMC Truck and Coach assembly plant in Pontiac, Michigan. Purely UAW made. Avoid a Monday production date and you'll get a nice ride.
Yeah, sure it is. And even if it was made there....iffin' it's made in a US auto manufacturer's plant, it's gotta be suspect.

The Master Cylinder said:
Guerciotti CARTESIO

FRAME: Dedacciai Black Pearl, Black Drive Monobox, Dedacciai Full Carbon Fork
FRAME WEIGHT: Kg. 1,250
GROUPSET: Shimano Dura Ace 10 v.
SEATPOST: Guerciotti carbonio
STEM & HANDELBAR: Dedaelementi Newton 31, Dedalementi Newton 31
WHEELS: Mavic Ksyrium ES
TIRES: Vittoria Evo CX
SADDLE: Selle Italia Signo Gel

I would have no problem riding a Cadillac branded/Dedacciai frame with either of those component groups on it just to save $700.
Or you could get any number of CF frames, completely kitted, that cost less than that lame exercise in Cadillac marketing.

jtolleson said:
Could you? I'm not being sarcastic. I think it is priced very low.
I know you're not. Yes, you can. Here are a few, and made this list by spending only about 4 minutes on qbike.com. If you open the field to building your own bike, you can definitely beat the $4700 price barrier.

Look 585
Giant TCR 1
Cervelo R2.5
Fuji Team Pro
Fuji Team RC
Ibis Silk
Specialized Roubaix Comp
Specialized Roubaix Pro

Then there's Trek, Cannondale (Synapse), Specialized (others), Time, Scott (very reasonably priced) which may also have complete bikes for less than $4700 and change.

SPECV said:
You guys can say anything you want about the Cadillac Bikes. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. The guy who designed this bike, did a great job.

I actually think, it is pretty Cool to own a Cadillac bike . It is a limited edition bike; certainly a collectors item.

The RLE is a steal for $850 The ERT 2 is very nice and the top of the line ERT 1 is a beauty.

"The guy who designed it?" Are you kidding? The CF model shown is made from a Dedacciai kit, and I'm sure the folks at Dedacciai didn't come up with the tube set for Cadiyak. Kent, I believe, made the aluminum boat anchor.....so no great work there. I don't know about the third bike that's holding the middle ground for Cadiyak's marketing play.

"Certainly a collector's item?" Are you kidding? Yeah, I guess it could be a collector's item if you like collecting crap that'll never be of any real value. I'll bet in 30 years, you won't see collectors beating doors down to find the elusive Cadiyak bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.