Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already mentioned here that the cafeteria where I work is pretty good. Today they out did themselves. In honor of MLK day, they did a southeren style spread.

Catfish with the most yummy cajun spices I've ever had
Hush Puppies
Yams
Collard Greens

We also had the choice of fried chicken, black eyed peas with ham hocks, pork chops, corn bread, pecan pie, and taters and gravy.

Not bad for government work.....

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
snapdragen said:
I've already mentioned here that the cafeteria where I work is pretty good. Today they out did themselves. In honor of MLK day, they did a southeren style spread.

Hush Puppies
Yams
Collard Greens

We also had the choice of fried chicken, black eyed peas with ham hocks, pork chops, corn bread, pecan pie, and taters and gravy.

How do you find time to post so much working in a cafeteria? Hell, it's easy for me, what bein' a grad student and all. Iffin' I hear the doorknob to my office turnin' I just click the tab for MATLAB and my current work comes up on the screen, and it looks like I'd been slavin' away like I's supposed to be. But that's gotta be difficult when your serving up dollops of mashed potatoes and scoops full of pimentos. Do have a PDA that lets you surf the web?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't work in a cafeteria, I eat in one. silly thing.....

alienator said:
How do you find time to post so much working in a cafeteria? Hell, it's easy for me, what bein' a grad student and all. Iffin' I hear the doorknob to my office turnin' I just click the tab for MATLAB and my current work comes up on the screen, and it looks like I'd been slavin' away like I's supposed to be. But that's gotta be difficult when your serving up dollops of mashed potatoes and scoops full of pimentos. Do have a PDA that lets you surf the web?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:

Hush Puppies
Yams
Collard Greens

eww.

ps,...

sammich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I feel they should have a lunch honoring the much maligned Scottish Americans which would feature Haggis and Blood pudding.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
snapdragen said:

Hush Puppies
Yams
Collard Greens

what a bunch of racists.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
People - wtf? I don't work in a cafeteria, geez, how many times have I talked about working in IT? moreons

Yes, so racist. Just like when they serve corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks Day, or the big feast for Mardi Gras, Chinese New Year is coming up, what travesty will they cook up! And OMG! They serve ribs on Tuesdays! Burn them all, burn them at the stake!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
Burn them all, burn them at the stake!
Shouldn't that be burn them at the steak? Sorry, inexcusable but I just couldn't let it pass. ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :)

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
snapdragen said:
People - wtf? I don't work in a cafeteria, geez, how many times have I talked about working in IT? moreons

Yes, so racist. Just like when they serve corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks Day, or the big feast for Mardi Gras, Chinese New Year is coming up, what travesty will they cook up! And OMG! They serve ribs on Tuesdays! Burn them all, burn them at the stake!
Do you find it's dangerous work in a cafeteria? My sister worked in a cafeteria and cut herself real bad with a big sharp cutting implement of some sort. I'd also imagine someone like you who works in a cafeteria runs a higher risk of getting burned than those of us who don't work in a cafeteria like you do. On behalf of all of us who eat in cafeterias but don't work in them, I'd like to thank you and the rest of the good people who do work in cafeterias for all of your hard work, especially in light of the risks you take by working in a cafeteria.

p.s. Since you work in a cafeteria, will you be bringing any food with you to SD so we can try some of the delicious stuff you make in the cafeteria?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,269 Posts
snapdragen said:
People - wtf? I don't work in a cafeteria
You can be anything on the internet. I would have picked something a bit more glorious, but to each their own!

:D

You know now that you have denied it so vehemently that you will be refered to as a caf worker for eternity, right?

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
When I worked evening shift as a toolcrib guy for the gov, sometimes I would go to a local cafeteria for whatever meal you would want to call it. Some of the maintenance guys ate in there every evening, and flirted incessantly of course with the young ladies who worked there. Being a non-smoker I was sitting alone in the other room where the food line and cash register was. and overheard the girls teasing one about one of the guys; whereupon she remarked about how he could be a potential sugardaddy. I had to laugh when I thought about a government worker being referred to in this manner, and what it says about the real economic state of affairs for the poor working stiff today.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:

i've never worked in a cafeteria, but i've BEEN in a few, and let me just say this:

i don't envy you. not one even little bitty bit.

but ya gotta do whatever is necessary to pay the bills.

hang in there, you are the underappreciated cafeteria worker of the year! decade, even!

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
snapdragen said:

I'm confused: first you talk about what y'all made at the cafeteria yesterday, then you complain that you don't work in a cafeteria but instead work in it.

How is working in a cafeteria different than working in it? That's like me saying, "I don't know how to make pie, but I also don't know how to make it." Perseveration is a classic sign of a concussion, and yer perseverating........so you should go to the hospital to be evaluated. Did you get hit in the head with a pot when you were working in the cafeteria yesterday?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'm sure that's a tough job Snap. I don't envy you. Cafeteria workers have to be the most under appreciated peoples.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
vol245 said:
I'm sure that's a tough job Snap. I don't envy you. Cafeteria workers have to be the most under appreciated peoples.
yeah, and it's tough and underappreciated too.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
yeah, and it's tough and underappreciated too.
tough and underappreciated and underpaid too. oh, and sometimes dangerous. did i tell you about my sister cutting herself whilst working in a cafeteria?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mickey-mac said:
tough and underappreciated and underpaid too. oh, and sometimes dangerous. did i tell you about my sister cutting herself whilst working in a cafeteria?
You did! I hope she got workman's comp for that.

The most difficult thing for me is getting that white dress on just so, you know, the one with the waist just below the boobs, which of course would hang to my knees if not for the industrial cafeteria worker's bra supplied by my employer.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alienator said:
Did you get hit in the head with a pot when you were working in the cafeteria yesterday?
Yes! And then this mean guy wandered in mumbling about mice and traps, and a couple 'o drunk southerners were screeching about the movie Hostel and whether JD Black Label was the appropriate beverage for catfish.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts