Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best/worst/ugliest/wierdest bottle cages you've seen or owned. I found this one by RavX and consider it the ugliest cage ive ever seen, but im pretty sure there's worse.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The only thing ugly is the price

$100+ for a superlight carbon cage? c'mon now. Yes they work and yes they're light and sexy but for that kind of money I'd upgrade my saddle or stem.....

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
mr meow meow said:
$100+ for a superlight carbon cage? c'mon now. Yes they work and yes they're light and sexy but for that kind of money I'd upgrade my saddle or stem.....
I'm with meow meow on this one. I'm still using aluminum cages on my DeRosa. Are you really saving a lot of weight by using CF? It's just another thing manufacturers want us to buy, and buy at a price that's ridiculous, with no real benefit. :rolleyes: My $.02.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Normally, I am an aluminium guy, but waterbottle cages are one are where I believe steel is real. Accept no substitutes, King Cages in stanless steel for $15 each are the best thing going. They last forever, don't mark your bottles, and look pretty. For the weight weenies, you can get the TI version for $60 that weights 28 grams instead of 48 grams for stainless. Given that the lightest carbon cages are 15-20 grams and break at the slightest provacation, while costing major $, the TI is a far cheaper alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts