Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21,739 Posts
I injuerd my calf Sunday evening playing soccer :mad2:. I went to the physio last night and she told me I had a knot in my calf. I have pulled and tore muscles in the past but never had a knot. The Physio was very vague on recovery time and couldn't give me a timeframe of when I can cycle again:rolleyes:. I'm thinking 10-14 days. I know that everyone is different especially when it comes to recovery time but has this happened any of you guys and if so, what was the recovery time?? BTW I'm in good shape 6'1'' 195lbs 33yo. Thanks :thumbsup:
I think the reason you're not getting responses is that "knot in your calf" is "not" a very clear description. Some people would use that term to describe a cramp and of course if you tore or bruised the muscle you'd have a bump. I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV, and haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn for a few years but IME if it doesn't hurt or otherwise aggravated the injury, you can ride. That might mean a relatively easy pace and high cadence but otherwise the extra blood flow this would stimulate would speed healing of whatever the heck it is you have.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.