Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone compare the Calfee Tetra and Luna. I'm going to buy one of them ... in the process of deciding which. Is there really much of a difference in ride quality / stiffness etc ?

I'm not able to demo either bike - there is no local retailer.

Finally, anyone out the with the Calfee bar stem ? I'd like to hear your thoughts and/or other bar stem recommendations.

FWIW I'm 6'3" and 205lbs and a former Cat 2 racer now reduced to fast group rides !

Thanks,

-Frazer

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
In Craig's words

I faced the same question several years ago and Craig said they would ride the same. His personal bike at the time was a Luna - maybe he was just honoring his dog - now deceased. The Tetra can be had in 2 (or 3) tubesets with varying stiffness, not sure about the Luna, probably important for a large former Cat2. I do remember Craig saying that if a person lived in a salty environment the titanium internal lugs might be preferred over aluminum.

I wanted a slight modification to the std geometry so I had to go Tetra. Still my favorite bike. With no local dealer -- call or email Craig personally with your questions, he is a straight shooter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts