Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody be interested in paying for supported rides in the California Delta? Historical towns, Ferries etc. Just wondering if any of you out there need someone to show the way on these uncrowded roads that I train on daily. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
The friend I was riding with is deathly afraid of dogs, so I hang back back and deal with any dogs that we encounter.

Two of these dogs locked on me, the third and biggest was after him, but he was behind the other two and off to the left in Tom's wake. Tom was all ready at least three or four bike lengths ahead by this time.

I stopped pedaling, stood on the pedals and turned to face the two on my tail. I yelled at them in my best I'm the human voice to go home, now. They stopped and went back, no more trouble than that.

By this time, #3 was coming up along sideme, I made eye contact and again ordered him home. He looked at me as if to say that won't work with me. I repeated my command and still got no respect from him. So I sat and started to pedal again to pace him, then continuing to yell at him, I started edging over to his position, making eye contact when possible. When I got about 5 feet away, maybe less, he broke off the chase and returned home. Didn't seem to think being the hunted was as much fun.

Tom was white as a ghost and very much out of breath when I finally caught up to him. I think these were the biggest dogs he's ever taken for a run, not to mention the most at one time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.