Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an open challenge to all riders over 200lbs. Sept 24th is the annual six gaps ride in Dhalonega Georgia. I e-mailed the organizer of the race and asked him if he would consider recognizing the first rider over 200lbs to finish the ride with some sort of special presentation. He replied that he would consider it, I don't want to leave it to chance so I want to stir up intrest via message boards-I have 100$ to the person that is over 200 and posts the fastest time on that day. I propose all who are intrested pledge their 100 as well and we could get quite a large pot going with enough participants. What ya say big fellas, put your money where your weight is. Hammer

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
How about a pay out for the heaviest rider that finishes it?

Or at very least do the math and provide a time bonus according to weight. There is some standard formula for time added per unit of elevation per lb of added weight.

Give us fat A$$es a chance. When climbing is involved there is a huge difference between 200 and 250.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Too far from home for me, but a great idea

Man, people don't appreciate how HARD it is lugging all that weight up hills...
My newspaper has sponsored a 5-mile run for 30 years, and back when I was a runner, I convinced them to add a Heavyweight category, for people over 200 pounds. It turned into one of the most popular classes, and still draws a lot of entries. I even won it once...but that was back when I had to struggle to keep my weight over 200. Now I'm trying to get down to 225.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Hm...2004 or 2005 would have been much better. I actually was riding decent then, and down around 220. Now I only have a couple hundred miles for the year and i'm around 250. I think I could do it, however I certainly wouldn't be the first clyde.

I might be interested in getting together with some other clydes though. Do it just to finish, not try to set any marks. I could get into good enough fighting shape by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.