Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check it out here:

http://www.longbeachbikefest.com/

"An estimated 600 to 800 professional and amateur cyclists are expected to race through the heart of downtown this spring in the first Long Beach Grand Prix Bicycle Festival and Bicycle Race. The two-day event will take place April 3-4, with an all-day bike expo in the East Village and nearly eight hours of racing around Pine avenue, the site of the event's start and finish line. The event launches a "Month of Wheels," a series of events that tie the race and festival to the Third Annual Formula Drift Pro Championship on Apri 12 and the 35th annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 16-19th. The event will feature music, food, races, demonstrations and a bicycle fashion show. The April 4 day of racing will start with the USCF Junior bicycle races, followed by the woman's pro race, youth races, a firefighter and police officer individual race and team races. The racing series ends with the men's pro twilight race that will feature Cruz."

Walking distance from my casa, if anyone would like to meet up let me know. Looks like a lot of fun, I'm taking off from work to attend. I've never been to any type of bicycle event so I'm really stoked!

John in Long Beach, CA

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You might wanna post this in the Lounge as well.

Scratch that, I'll make a thread. :D

Sounds like fun fwiw.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Looks interesting. Only problem it is the same weekend as the San Diego Hand Built Bike show! Damn choices I have to make...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts