Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a bike shop or sports bar that might be showing the Tour de France?

I do not have TV coverage available to me in my home (no cable, no sat and no desire for either). SO as of right now my only source is internet reports.

I would love to be able to watch some of it. I am still new enough to the area that I do not know where I might be able to watch some of the TdF.

THank you

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Bolo Grubb said:
Does anyone know of a bike shop or sports bar that might be showing the Tour de France?

I do not have TV coverage available to me in my home (no cable, no sat and no desire for either). SO as of right now my only source is internet reports.

I would love to be able to watch some of it. I am still new enough to the area that I do not know where I might be able to watch some of the TdF.

THank you
Fairwheel Bikes usually has it on everyday. As a bonus, they've got a huge selection of bits that most bike shops won't carry.

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
All the Tucson RBR folks need to band together and convince some bar to tune it in daily. I'm a fan of Fairwheel, but chairs and drinks and munchies would make for a much nicer race. Also, by the end of the day, I'd feel obligated to buy a headset or something--that'll get expensive over the course of the Tour.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Val_Garou said:
All the Tucson RBR folks need to band together and convince some bar to tune it in daily. I'm a fan of Fairwheel, but chairs and drinks and munchies would make for a much nicer race. Also, by the end of the day, I'd feel obligated to buy a headset or something--that'll get expensive over the course of the Tour.
I bet Ralph won't mind if people set up lawn chairs in his showroom. If you feel obligated to buy something each day, buy a Mojo bar or summat....it'd be like a cover charge. There's a bar/grill next door....Belushi's or something like that....that I'm sure would would deliver food and beer to the shop. And Woz would be more than happy to clean up any messes we made. Hell, now that they've redone the back and have the makings of a bar for a service counter, all that really needs to happen is the installation of a tap or a 'fridge for beer dispensing. Woz doesn't really do any work anyway, so he could set up a Weber grill on the loading dock and cook for everyone. I think it's a winning combo. And as a bonus, at the end of the tour, Ralph can give away a free set of Lightweight wheels to the person that consumed the most beer while watching Le Tour at Fairwheel.

I'll pm this idea to Woz, and I'm sure he'll get started on it right away. One thing, though: do we want to be confined to the bar stools at the service counter; do we want to bring our own lawn chairs; or do we want Ralph to pony up for Lazy Boy recliners for everyone? My vote is for "C".

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
I'm not going to ask for the LaZBoys, 'cause I think the liquor license for the keg will be expensive enough. But, you know, lawn chairs and BYOB would make us feel just like roadside Frenchies--tres authentique. Of course, I can just sit quietly on a stool, as well.

But really, if you think you have pull to make this happen, I think we could all pull together to put some nice meat and drink on the table and make this an event.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know that the Phoenix metro bike club has a deal with the "half moon" bar and grill in Chandler on Saturdays to show the TdF on several of the screens and they block off a portion of the bar just for club members.

It worked great last year and they are doing it agin this year, but it is only on Saturdays and is a 2 hour drive from east tucson.

Plus I would love to be able to watch it live in the morning and everyday, but I will take what I can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.